Runs on food and music, will sing for chips and pasta.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Waiting To Exhale

I sang badly on Friday at the La Serenata Musicale. Ran out of breathe singing my Rossini art song, I practically improvised the song, or that line...

Felt like burying myself when I finished, I walked down stage sheepishly and sat on the same row as my coach, I stole a glance at him in the dark and thought he looked like he could kill.

J and IW were there too and J gave his signature comment: "Good girl, very loud this time."

When Peter came on stage the grand's lid was lowered to keep the piano accompliment softer, I realised I sang through my two `breathless' songs with the piano lid up, damn.

Anyway, I don't know where I'm going with this story but I just wanted to report that I thought I did quite shitty on stage but I got surprising feedback I didn't dreamed of...

Coach told me after the show that I did VERY well. Huh?

He said I did well and that I am ready to prepare for the ACTL exam...next year, yooohooo....but huh?

He said what I did when I ran out of breathe was the very proof of my improvement - I modified where I breathed, to save my ass and the song. "This is the real life, things happened on stage...what you did was right. Keep that up and you will do well in your exam next year."

Wow. I really didn't see that coming.

Fine, whatever it is, shitty as I was on Friday, I will rise again...on stage, soon.

Thank you Tracy n Regina for coming.

Then on Sat night Z and I sat in a two hour-long high school singing competition as judges...the talent on stage that night was painfully lacking except for the vivacious and quick FEMALE MC (female is spelled in caps because the male MC suck and was good for nothing...she could have done it alone).

But there was one boy who stood out as having potential as a singer...there were only three boys in the finalist line-up, the other two were what Simon Cowell would call 'very very bad singer, no potential whatsoever..'

But this boy, this Indian boy, the only non-Chinese contestant that night...he's got style and he CAN sing. There were contestants who looked at lyrics copied on their palms, and many singing over the original singers with bad non minus-one music clip, there were some who displayed zero presentation skill...and so many sang wrong lyrics (Song With Most Lyrics award goes to Mariah Carey's HERO)...

Anyway, watch out for more sing-song from Soul Doc, coming soon.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|